2013 PDS4 Operational Readiness Review
2013 PDS4 Operational Readiness Review
If you have questions that are not answered here, please contact Emily Law (818)354-6208, email@example.com.
Time and Place
The Review will be held at the Building B16W, Room N76/80 of the Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC). Campus Map
Goddard Visitor Center 8800 Greenbelt Road - Code 130 Greenbelt, MD 2077 9:30AM - 5:15PM Tuesday September 17 9:30AM - 5:15PM Wednesday September 18 9:30AM - 2:00PM Thursday September 19 Eastern Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
Terms of Reference
Documents: PDS4 Terms of Reference
|Day 1: Tuesday 17-September-13|
|Presentation||Start Time||Title and Presentation Materials||Presenter|
|Overview of ORR|
|9:30 AM||Charge to the board||TBD|
|PDS4 Background and Overview|
|1||10:00 AM||Project description, overall plan, and status [PDF]||Crichton|
|2||10:45 AM||PDS Level 3 Requirements [PDF]||Crichton|
|3||11:30 AM||LADEE and MAVEN overview, requirements, commitments [PDF]||Beebe|
|4||12:00 PM||Software Process, Documentation and Release Cycles [PDF]||Law|
|12:30 PM||Working LUNCH (meal brought in)|
|5||1:30 PM||Reviews and RFAs [PDF]||Law|
|6||2:00 PM||PDS4 CCB for V1.0 [PDF]||Neakrase|
|LADEE and MAVEN Overview|
|7||2:30 AM||PDS4 LADEE Support [PDF]||Neakrase|
|8||3:00 PM||PDS4 MAVEN Support [PDF]||Mafi|
|9||3:45 PM||PDS4 PhoenixBeta Test [PDF]||Neakrase|
|10||4:15 PM||PDS4 Demonstration [PDF]||All|
|Day 2: Wednesday 18-September-13|
|PDS4 Technical Design and Implementation|
|11||9:30 AM||PDS4 System Architecture and Operations Concepts [PDF]|
|12||10:30 AM||PDS4 Information Model and Standards Support for LADEE/MAVEN [PDF]|
|13||11:45 AM||PDS4 Standards Documentation [PDF]|
|12:15 PM||Working LUNCH (meal brought in)|
|14||1:15 PM||PDS4 Software Tools and Services for LADEE/MAVEN [PDF]|
|15||2:00 PM||PDS3 to PDS4 Transition Support for LADEE/MAVEN [PDF]||Crichton|
|16||2:30 PM||PDS4 System Testing for LADEE and MAVEN [PDF]||Law|
|Release, Deployment Plans and Schedule|
|17||3:30 PM||Build 4 Release and Deployment Plans [PDF]||Law|
|18||4:15 PM||Summary [PDF]||Crichton|
|Day 3: Thursday 19-September-13|
WebEx and Dial-in Information
TBD Tuesday, September 17, 2013 WebEx Meeting Number: 991 675 931 Topic: PDS ORR Day 1 WebEx URL: https://nasa.webex.com/nasa/j.php?ED=162539732&UID=0&PW=NMWM2MDU5Y2Fk&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D Wednesday, September 18, 2013 WebEx Meeting Number: 991 752 818 Topic: PDS ORR day 2 WebEx URL: https://nasa.webex.com/nasa/j.php?ED=162539667&UID=0&PW=NOTdkZmUzYWQw&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D Thursday, September 19, 2013 WebEx Meeting Number: 991 752 818 Topic: PDS ORR day 3 WebEx URL: https://nasa.webex.com/nasa/j.php?ED=162539667&UID=0&PW=NOTdkZmUzYWQw&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D The following is identical for all 3 days: Meeting start time: 8:30 am, Eastern Time (New York, GMT-04:00) WebEx Meeting Password: pds!2011 Audio Dial-In: 1-866-328-8761 Meeting ID: 1001 To Start WebEx: 1. Go to WebEx URL listed above. 2. Enter your name and email address. 3. Enter the meeting password: pds!2011 4. Click "Join Now". 5. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen. For WebEx assistance 1. Go to https://nasa.webex.com/nasa/mc 2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support". WebEx will automatically setup Meeting Manager for Windows the first time you join a meeting. To save time, you can setup prior to the meeting by clicking this link: https://nasa.webex.com/nasa/meetingcenter/mcsetup.php To check whether you have the appropriate players installed for UCF (Universal Communications Format) rich media files, go to https://nasa.webex.com/nasa/systemdiagnosis.php IMPORTANT NOTICE: The meeting service includes a feature that allows audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session to be recorded. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, do not join the session. -->
Project Management Documents
- PDS4 Project Plan composes the overall plans for PDS4 implementation, documentation, review, test, transition, data migration, training and resources.
- Project Life Cycle depicts the PDS4 Project life cycle in support of LADEE and MAVEN.
- PDS Software Management Plan establishes and governs the lifecycle development approach for software being developed at JPL for the PDS.
- Operations Concept describes how the PDS4 data architecture and the PDS4 software system work across the PDS federation throughout the PDS Archive Lifecycle.
- PDS4 Project Schedule shows PDS4 implementation milestones. It is updated on a monthly basis.
- PDS Level 1, 2 and 3 Requirements is the set of high-level requirements that define the characteristics and features of the federated PDS system.
- PDS4 Level 4 and 5 General System Requirements addresses the general software requirements for services, applications and tools within the PDS4 system. Detailed component's L4 and L5 requirements are included in the Software Component's Requirements and Design Documents (see "Software Design Documents" section below).
- PDS4 Information Model Requirements defines the requirements for the fourth generation of the PDS Information Model.
- Requirements Mapping traces how requirements are derived from PDS Level 3 to PDS4 Level 4 and 5.
Review Support Documents
- PDS4 System Architecture Specification conveys the system architecture for the PDS4 system in a manner that is understandable to the broad spectrum of PDS stakeholders but is intended for the designers and developers of the PDS4 system.
Software Design Documents
- Harvest Tool SRD/SDD
- Preparation Tools SRD/SDD
- Registry Service SRD/SDD
- Report Service SRD/SDD
- Search Scenarios
- Search Service SRD/SDD
- Security Service SRD/SDD
- PDS4 Concepts provides an introduction to PDS4 key concepts — the view from 10,000 feet, avoiding gory details.
- Data Provider's Handbook provides a cookbook to guide data providers step-by-step through the process of developing an archive.
- Standards Reference is one of the two fundamental reference documents for PDS4. You will need this as you work your way through the Data Provider's Handbook and as you prepare an archive.
- Data Dictionary is the other fundamental reference for PDS4.
- Information Model Specification provides details on the design of the Information Model.
- Version 1 Examples: Released on May 7, 2013, these examples correspond with Build 3b of PDS4.
- CDF Documents for providing CDF data to PPI.
The following report provides an executive summary of Build 3b testing demonstrating its readiness for data providers from LADEE and MAVEN in support of the Interface Control Agrement (ICD) between PDS and the missions.
The following documents are artifacts for testing of Build 3b infrastructure prior to deployment to Operations in June 2013.
- System Test Plan (PDF). This plan describes test cases and requirement traceability for testing build 3b system/infrastructure deployed at EN.
- System Test Procedures and Results(PDF). This report contains test procedures and results for testing build 3b system/infrastructure deployed at EN.
- PDS4 Example Products (.tgz). This was used for testing build 3b system/infrastructure deployed at EN.
The following documents are artifacts for Testing of Build 3b tools and services deployed ATMOS and PPI using PHX bundle created by ATMOS and LADEE-like/MAVEN-like bundles generated by EN.
- Node Test Plan (PDF). This plan describes test cases and requirement traceability for testing build 3b tools and services deployed at Discipline Nodes.
- Node Test Procedures and Results(PDF). This report contains test procedures and results for testing build 3b tools and services deployed at Discipline Nodes.
- LADEE-like, MAVEN-like Example Products (.tgz). This was used for testing build 3b tools and services deployed at Discipline Nodes.
- PPI Test Results (XLSX). This report captures PPI test activities and results.
Test Traceability maps test cases to requirements from PDS4 Level 5, back up to PDS Level 4 and 3.
LADEE Interface Documents
- ICD is the LADEE LDEX PDS Interface Control Document
- SIS is the LADEE LDEX PDS Software Interface Specification
ORR Panel Report and Response
Other web sites
- PDS Data Search can be used to search Phoenix data
- Phoenix Archive takes you to the Phoenix Archive Page
- LADEE Archive takes you to the LADEE Archive Page
- MAVEN Archive takes you to the MAVEN Archive Page
Maps, Parking, Access
Recommended Hotel: Greenbelt Marriott 6400 Ivy Lane Greenbelt, Maryland 20770 USA Phone: (800) 676-5975 for reservation Other choices for lodging can be found: HERE
Morning and afternoon refreshments will be available.
Please check Weather of Greenbelt, Maryland.
Wireless Internet Access will be available. Access instructions will be provided upon arrival.