This page provides a view of the PDS4 key engineering and design artifacts.
- PDS4 Project Plan composes the overall plans for PDS4 implementation, documentation, review, test, transition, data migration, training and resources.
- Project Life Cycle depicts the PDS4 Project life cycle in support of LADEE and MAVEN.
- PDS Software Management Plan establishes and governs the lifecycle development approach for software being developed at JPL for the PDS.
- Operations Concept describes how the PDS4 data architecture and the PDS4 software system work across the PDS federation throughout the PDS Archive Lifecycle.
- PDS Level 1, 2 and 3 Requirements is the set of high-level requirements that define the characteristics and features of the federated PDS system.
- PDS4 Level 4 and 5 General System Requirements addresses the general software requirements for services, applications and tools within the PDS4 system. Detailed component's L4 and L5 requirements are included in the Software Component's Requirements and Design Documents (see "Design" section below).
- PDS4 Information Model Requirements defines the requirements for the fourth generation of the PDS Information Model.
- PDS4 Science Services Requirements summarizes services required to be supported by the PDS system in support of Planetary Science.
- Requirements Mapping traces how requirements are derived from PDS Level 3 to PDS4 Level 4 and 5.
- PDS4 System Architecture Specification conveys the system architecture for the PDS4 system in a manner that is understandable to the broad spectrum of PDS stakeholders but is intended for the designers and developers of the PDS4 system.
The following provides the links to the Software Component's Requirements and Design Documents:
- Harvest Tool SRD/SDD
- Preparation Tools SRD/SDD
- Registry Service SRD/SDD
- Report Service SRD/SDD
- Search Service SRD/SDD
- Security Service SRD/SDD
- PDS4 Operational Readiness Review is held on September 17-19, 2013 at the Gaddard Space Flight Center (GSFC).
- System Review II Board Report is the Board Report as the result of the second PDS4 System Review held on June 21-22, 2011. Presentations of this review can be found at PDS4 System Review II meeting page.
- PDS4 System Review I Board Report is the Board Report as the result of the first PDS4 System Review held on March 22-24, 2010. Presentations of this review can be found at PDS4 System Review I meeting page.
- System Review II RFA Summary shows all the RFAs have been closed.
- System Review I RFA Summary shows all the RFAs have been closed.
PDS4 development follows an incremental and iterative approach. Since the project's inception, a number of system and data model Builds have been completed.
The lastest PDS4 Build is Build 3b released on 3/31/2013. Its webpage lists and provides links to all the deliverables which consist of the latest released PDS4 documents, Schemas, software distribution and test documents.