Operations is responsible for managing the PDS Engineering Node systems and services that provide high quality and robust access to the PDS online catalog data, software and documentation.
Our primary objective is to provide the highest level of customer service for data access and retrieval, and for data archiving. We provide expertise to guide and assist missions, programs, and individuals to organize and document planetary data supporting NASA's goals in planetary science and solar system exploration.
Operations provides a variety of development and support services to the Engineering Node, the PDS community and the pubic at large.
For the Engineering Node, Operations does the following:
- Provides systems and database administration
- Manages the system development, test and production environments
- Performs QA on all web pages, tools, data and system builds before release to the public
- Issue Tracking
- Process Engineering and process improvement
- IT Security
Additionally, we provide the following specialized functions to the PDS community and the public:
- PDS Home Pages
- PDS Help Desk
- Mission Data and System Release announcements
- Data, Software and Document Subscription Service
- Metrics Collections and reporting
- On demand System Status
Our goal is to provide the best customer support service through our Web pages and Help Desk Support. We are constantly striving to improve the performance, reliability, robustness and accessibility of our online systems and services.